The Final Result

Here are a few photos of the final result.

The Final Result

Here are a few photos of the final result.

Approaching Completion

After much work and a final push to the end, we managed to complete the installation piece. We used fishing wire to suspend the top smaller circle from the ceiling. This then allowed the rest of the material to drape

Approaching Completion

After much work and a final push to the end, we managed to complete the installation piece. We used fishing wire to suspend the top smaller circle from the ceiling. This then allowed the rest of the material to drape

Final Sewing and Structure Creation

Today, we finished sewing the last few rhombi together before creating the structure for this installation. We used piano wires to create two small circles of roughly 30cm diameter, and made one large circle of approximately 1.5m in diameter. The

Final Sewing and Structure Creation

Today, we finished sewing the last few rhombi together before creating the structure for this installation. We used piano wires to create two small circles of roughly 30cm diameter, and made one large circle of approximately 1.5m in diameter. The

today’s cutting

  here are some picture for today’s cutting work. We cut three more layers with different grid. we found out that cutting really does not show gradient, therefore we decide that we will play with pinch tomorrow.     pattern

today’s cutting

  here are some picture for today’s cutting work. We cut three more layers with different grid. we found out that cutting really does not show gradient, therefore we decide that we will play with pinch tomorrow.     pattern

Module Sewing

Today is sewing day! After a long day and a late night of cutting our modules, we finally got through all of them. Today we have started sewing each of the corners together to form a large mass of components.

Module Sewing

Today is sewing day! After a long day and a late night of cutting our modules, we finally got through all of them. Today we have started sewing each of the corners together to form a large mass of components.

first cutting

    These are our cutting work yesterday.   we stretched the fabric only five pinch point. And at this cutting we find out the cutting looks pretty much. And we hardly see the gradient. Therefore we tried make bigger

first cutting

    These are our cutting work yesterday.   we stretched the fabric only five pinch point. And at this cutting we find out the cutting looks pretty much. And we hardly see the gradient. Therefore we tried make bigger

Module Cutting

Group two have been working hard to cut out our 230+ modules for the installation. We have catalogued all the individual modules into an Excel table and will use this as a key when we are sewing them together tomorrow. Hopefully we

Module Cutting

Group two have been working hard to cut out our 230+ modules for the installation. We have catalogued all the individual modules into an Excel table and will use this as a key when we are sewing them together tomorrow. Hopefully we