Category Archives: group_02

The Final Result

Here are a few photos of the final result. Advertisements

The Final Result

Here are a few photos of the final result.

Approaching Completion

After much work and a final push to the end, we managed to complete the installation piece. We used fishing wire to suspend the top smaller circle from the ceiling. This then allowed the rest of the material to drape

Approaching Completion

After much work and a final push to the end, we managed to complete the installation piece. We used fishing wire to suspend the top smaller circle from the ceiling. This then allowed the rest of the material to drape

Final Sewing and Structure Creation

Today, we finished sewing the last few rhombi together before creating the structure for this installation. We used piano wires to create two small circles of roughly 30cm diameter, and made one large circle of approximately 1.5m in diameter. The

Final Sewing and Structure Creation

Today, we finished sewing the last few rhombi together before creating the structure for this installation. We used piano wires to create two small circles of roughly 30cm diameter, and made one large circle of approximately 1.5m in diameter. The

Module Sewing

Today is sewing day! After a long day and a late night of cutting our modules, we finally got through all of them. Today we have started sewing each of the corners together to form a large mass of components.

Module Sewing

Today is sewing day! After a long day and a late night of cutting our modules, we finally got through all of them. Today we have started sewing each of the corners together to form a large mass of components.

Module Cutting

Group two have been working hard to cut out our 230+ modules for the installation. We have catalogued all the individual modules into an Excel table and will use this as a key when we are sewing them together tomorrow. Hopefully we

Module Cutting

Group two have been working hard to cut out our 230+ modules for the installation. We have catalogued all the individual modules into an Excel table and will use this as a key when we are sewing them together tomorrow. Hopefully we

Digital Simulation of Module’s Elastic Potential

Gradient of colours obtained by selecting centre of rhombi as parameter because we are thinking that for our final composition we shall develop a simlar gradient from floor to ceiling (y-axis). We  subsequently exported the baked surfaces in autocad to

Digital Simulation of Module’s Elastic Potential

Gradient of colours obtained by selecting centre of rhombi as parameter because we are thinking that for our final composition we shall develop a simlar gradient from floor to ceiling (y-axis). We  subsequently exported the baked surfaces in autocad to

New Material Study: Silver Elasticated Fabric

We bought a new fabric which was far more stretchy than any of the previous materials. We used the same square cut pattern as before. Although they ‘popped’ out less, the material was far more suitable for the experiments. We finally

New Material Study: Silver Elasticated Fabric

We bought a new fabric which was far more stretchy than any of the previous materials. We used the same square cut pattern as before. Although they ‘popped’ out less, the material was far more suitable for the experiments. We finally